Confirmation Picture Galleries | January 2017
It is evident from its celebration that the effect of the sacrament of Confirmation is the special outpouring of the Holy Spirit as once granted to the apostles on the day of Pentecost. (Catechism of the Catholic Church 1302)
From this fact, Confirmation brings an increase and deepening of baptismal grace:
- it roots us more deeply in the divine filiation which makes us cry, "Abba! Father!";117
- it unites us more firmly to Christ;
- it increases the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us;
- it renders our bond with the Church more perfect;118
- it gives us a special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith by word and action as true witnesses of Christ, to confess the name of Christ boldly, and never to be ashamed of the Cross:119 (Catechism of the Catholic Church 1303)
- Two years of faith formation (Parish Religious Education or Catholic School Religion Class) previous to the Confirmation preparation.
- The process of immediate catechesis for Confirmation is a responsibility of the parish and is a free-standing program apart from any grade in the parish or school religious education program in which the child may continue.
Our Confirmation Preparation begins in the Fall and teens receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in January. The program is run through the Office of Youth Ministry and works in conjunction with the Lifeteen High School Ministry. The sessions are a combination of small group discussion, large group activities, talks, games, and prayer time. Our goal is to help teens develop a deeper relationship with Christ in the context of community, with an emphasis on Sacraments.
- Sunday, August 28th 3:45-5:15p.m. - Session 1: What is Confirmation? Role of the Sponsor
- Sunday, September 11: LIFE TEEN KICK OFF, Mass at 5:30 p.m., then dinner at 6:30 pm, followed by Life Teen until 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, September 25: 3:45- 5:30 p.m. - Session 2: Sacraments of Initiation & the Creed
- Recognition at 5:30 p.m. Mass
- RETREAT: October 7-9 @ Bethany Center
- Sunday, October 16: 3:45-5:30 p.m. - Session 3: Choosing a Saint Name
- Sunday, November 6: 3:45-5:30 p.m. - Session 4: Rite of Confirmation
- Sunday, November 13: 3:45-5:30 p.m. - Session 5: Gifts and Fruits of the Holy Spirit & Discipleship
- Friday, Dec. 2: 7 p.m. - ADVENT XLT
- You must attend 6 Life Nights during the fall semester
- December: Interviews – Signups TBA
For more information about Confirmation contact Kaitlin Gendron, 727-821-7989 x2120 or email@example.com
Lost your packet? Get a new form here:
- Emergency Medical/Communications Consent/Photo Release Form
- Saint Name Form
- Choosing a Sponsor
- Sponsor Certificate
- Service Form
- Interview Questions
Holy Spirit Prayer
Jesus, I know now that I am Yours and You are mine forever.
Thank You for sending Your Spirit to me that I might have the
power to live this new life with You.
Stir up Your Spirit in me. Release Your Spirit in me.
Renew in me with the fullness of Your Spirit that I may experience
- Your presence and power in my life.
- That I may find new meaning in your Scriptures.
- That I may find new meaning in the sacraments.
- That I may find delight and comfort in prayer.
- That I may be able to love as you love and forgive as You forgive.
- That I may discover and use the gifts you give me for the life of the Church.
- That I may experience the peace and the joy that You have promised us.
Fill me with Your Spirit, Jesus. I wish to receive all that You have
to give me.